Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Crafty

Over the last few years, I’ve been trying to learn how to sew. I’ve made a few different things. Last Christmas, I made blankets for my brother and sister. And I made myself a diaper bag while I was pregnant with Spike that I love.

At the end of this month, I’m going to the International Quilt Festival with my mother-in-law. I went last year, but only as a shopper. This year I’m going to be taking quilting classes all week and I’m very excited to start learning how to quilt. Although it’s kind of daunting, and I’m not sure if I have enough of a perfectionist in me, I’ve wanted to learn to quilt for a long time.

I decided that I wanted to make myself a bag to use at the quilt show this year. So, last Saturday, I had the house to myself for the evening, and I spent the night making a new purse for the show. I have to say, I’m pretty proud of how it came out. I really like it, and I don’t think I’m going to wait for the quilt show to carry it.

This is the outside of the bag.


This is the inside, or reversible side of the bag.

My next project is going to be my costume for Halloween. I’m (hopefully) going as Dorothy from “The Wizard of Oz.” I have a friend who is a theatre teacher who is going to help me fit it to myself. I’ll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

kwdued said...

Very nice! It's good to see you so excited about something. And don't worry about me. There are days when it gets almost too much to put up with, but then I overcome the obstacle and life is all bright again.

Anonymous said...

wow..the bag looks great!! I found this place in the heights called Sew Crafty that offers sewing and knitting lessons and I plan to start taking a few in November. I'm dying to get busy on several projects I have cooked up.

Amy Butler has a free pattern for a great quilt I would love to make for Mirabelle's bed.

 
design by suckmylolly.com